Philosophia Britannica [electronic resource] : or, a new and comprehensive system of the Newtonian philosophy, atronomy [sic], and geographys [sic], in a course of twelve lectures, with notes; ... The whole collected and methodized from all the principal authors, ... and embellished with eighty-one copper-plates. By B. Martin
- Martin, Benjamin, 1705-1782
- London : printed for M. Cooper, J. Newbery, S. Crowder and Co., B. Collins at Salisbury, and J. Leake, and W. Frederick at Bath; and sold by the author at his house in Fleet-street, 1759.
- The second edition. In three volumes. ..
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes,plates : maps ; 8⁰.
- Printing errors on Vol. 1 titlepage corrected on Vol. 2-3 titlepages to "astronomy" and "geography".
In Vol. 3 the leaf containing p.383-4 is found in both uncancelled and cancelled states; in the former, line 5 begins: By Experiments; in the latter, line 5 begins: Therefore.
Reproduction of original from the Harvard University Houghton Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Medicine, science, and technology series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Roscoe, A326 (3)
English Short Title Catalog, ESTCN12262.
View MARC record | catkey: 3532410