Botanicum medicinale [electronic resource] ; an herbal of medicinal plants on the College of Physicians list. ... Most beautifully engraved on 120 large folio copper-plates, from the exquisite drawings of the late ingenious T. Sheldrake. ... To which now is added, his tables for finding the heat and cold in all climates, ...
- Sheldrake, Timothy, -1770
- London : printed for J. Millan, [1759?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, plates, table ; 2⁰.
- With an index and list of advertisements.
Plates arranged alphabetically in order of English names, numbered 1-72, 73*, 73-117; drawn by Sheldrake and engraved by C.H. Hemerich and J. Basire.
Originally issued in parts.
Presumed date of publication from advertisements below index.
The table, entitled: 'The gardener's best companion in a green-house; or tables, shewing the greatest heat and cold of all countries from which exotic plants are brought ..', was originally published separately.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Medicine, science, and technology series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Henrey, 1312
English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT81690.
View MARC record | catkey: 3536806