Every man his own brewer [electronic resource] ; or, a compendium of the English brewery. Containing the best instructions ... By a gentleman, lately retired from the brewing business
- Gentleman, lately retired from the brewing business
- London : printed for the author: and sold by J. Almon; and Mess. Robinson and Roberts, 1768.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, vi, ix-256, 4 unnumbered pages ; 12⁰.
- With a half-title and two final advertisement leaves.
Pp. 29-30 is known as a cancel, originally sig. A6, and its removal from there leaves an apparent gap between pp. vi and ix (sigs. A5 and B2).
The original pp. 29-30 had on the recto the drop-head title 'The philosophy of brewing'; the cancel has 'The philosophy of brewing; or, a compendium of the English brewery.'.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Medicine, science, and technology series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT100687.
View MARC record | catkey: 3537931