Spectacle de la nature [electronic resource] : or, nature display'd. Being discourses on such particulars of natural history as were thought most proper to excite the curiosity, and form the minds of youth. Illustrated with copper plates. Translated from the original French
- Pluche, Noël Antoine, 1688-1761
- Uniform Title:
- Spectacle de la nature. English
- London : printed for J. Pemberton, N. Prevost, R. Franklin, and C. Davis, 1733.
- [The second edition].
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 279, 1 unnumbered page;300, 20 unnumbered pages, plates ; 8⁰.
- A translation by Samuel Humphreys of vol. 1 of Noël Antoine Pluche's 'Le spectacle de la nature'.
Titlepage in red and black.
With two advertisement leaves, explanation of the plates and index.
"The alterations made in this second edition are of two kinds" (p.xv).
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Medicine, science, and technology series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT131954.
View MARC record | catkey: 3540313