A dissertation on the true Cythisus of the ancients. Proving that the Medicago or Cythisus Maranthæ (not the bastard Sena, as asserted by a late author) is the plant that was held in so great esteem among the Romans. Also that it may be successfully made use of for the improvement of the most dry, barren, hilly land, ... In a letter to a nobleman, who favour'd this enquiry. To which is added, an account of the great profits ... Also a catalogue of the best seeds, ... By Stephen Switzer [electronic resource].
- Switzer, Stephen, 1682?-1745
- London : printed for Thomas Astley, 1731.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 38, 1 unnumbered page, 38-79, 1 unnumbered page ; 8⁰.
- Half-title: 'Mr Switzer's Dissertation on the Cythisus of the ancients.'., Text is continuous despite the pagination., Reproduction of original from the British Library., and Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Medicine, science, and technology series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Henrey, 1408 and English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT34676.
View MARC record | catkey: 3542345