The laboratory [electronic resource] : or, school of arts. In which are faithfully exhibited, and fully explained, I. A variety of curious and valuable experiments in refining, calcining, melting, assaying, ... gold; ... II. Choice secrets for jewellers ... III. Severa uncommon experiments ... Compiled from German, and other foreign authors. Illustrated with copper-plates. By G. Smith. The fifth edition, with additions of a great number of valuable receipts, particularly, a short, plain, and easy introduction to the art of drawing in perspective
- Smith, Godfrey, active 18th century
- London : printed for Stanley Crowder, in Paternoster-Row, and B. Collins, in Salisbury, 1770.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 352, 8 unnumbered pages, plates ; 8⁰.
- First published in 1738: a second volume was published in 1756, but this is a new edition of the first volume only.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Medicine, science, and technology series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT66980.
View MARC record | catkey: 3542382