Doctor and student [electronic resource] : or dialogues between a doctor of divinity, and a student in the laws of England, ... To which is now added an account of the author, and a general table of the principal matters; never before printed
- Saint German, Christopher, 1460?-1540
- Uniform Title:
- Dyaloge in Englysshe
- [London] : In the Savoy: printed by Eliz. Nutt and R. Gosling, (assigns of Edward Sayer, Esq;) for R. Gosling, 1721.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 1, 7 unnumbered pages, 366, 40 unnumbered pages ; 12⁰.
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Full text online
- The preface identifies Christopher Saint German as the author.
Only the first page of the table of contents, which appears after the preface leaf, is numbered.
With an index.
The two dialogues in English were originally published together in 1531. A Latin version of the first originally appeared in 1528 as 'Dialogus de fundamentis legum Anglie et de conscientia'.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Law series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT108916.
View MARC record | catkey: 3547281