Let there be light [electronic resource] : the story of light from atoms to galaxies / Ann Breslin & Alex Montwill
- Breslin, Ann
- London : Imperial College Press ; Singapore ; Hackensack, N.J. : Distributed by World Scientific Pub. Co., c2013.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 531 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Montwill, Alex
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introducing light -- Light as a ray : reflection -- Light as a ray : refraction -- Light from afar : astronomy -- Light from the past : astrophysics -- Introducing waves -- Sound waves -- Light as a wave -- Making images -- There was electricity, there was magnetism, and then there was light-- -- 'Atoms of light' : the birth of quantum theory -- Development of quantum mechanics -- Atoms of light acting as particles -- Atoms of light behaving as waves -- Relativity part 1 : how it began -- Relativity part 2 : verifiable predictions -- Road to 'heavy light'.
- 9781848167582 (cloth), 184816758X (cloth), 9781848167599 (pbk.), and 1848167598 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 35508953