Media events in web 2.0 China [electronic resource] : interventions of online activism / Jian Xu.
- Xu, Jian (Teacher of Chinese)
- Additional Titles:
- Media events in web 2.0 China
- Brighton ; Chicago : Sussex Academic Press, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 153 pages ; 24 cm
- The Sussex library of Asian and Asian American studies
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Alternative media and online activism -- Media celebration: Shanzhai media culture as media intervention -- Media disaster: citizen journalism as alternative crisis communication -- Media scandal: online weiguan as networked collective action -- Conclusion: Internet interventionism and deliberative politics in China's web 2.0 era.
- 9781845196356 (hb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 120-143) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 35515462