Mr. Hoyle's games of whist [electronic resource] : quadrille, piquet, chess, and back gammon. Complete. In which are contained, the method of playing and betting, at those games, ... Including the laws of the several games
- Hoyle, Edmond, 1672-1769
- London : printed for Thomas Osborne, Stanley Crowder, and Richard Baldwin, [1760?]
- The twelfth edition. To which is now first added, two new cases at whist .. also the new laws of the game at whist, as played at White's and Saunders's Chocolate Houses.
- Physical Description:
- xii,214 pages ; 12⁰.
- In fact reset throughout from the twelth edition.
Without the errata on the final page and with "back gammon" in the title.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the General reference series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT88033.
View MARC record | catkey: 3553603