Prelude to the revival. Vol. I [sound recording] : Kid Howard 1937 (Punch Miller 1941).
- Howard, Kid, 1908-1966
- Additional Titles:
- Kid Howard 1937, Punch Miller 1941, and Title from container spine: Kid Howard
- New Orleans, La. : American Music, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Hopkins, Lightnin', 1912-1982, Murray, Frank, Zardis, Chester, 1900-, Anderson, Andrew, active 18th century, Cole, Martin, Robertson, Joe, Mitchell, Leonard, Sylvester, Charles, Derbigny, Charles, Thomas, Joe, 1909-1986, Murray, Matie, Wilson, Junious, Miller, Punch, 1894-1971, Jones, Clifford (Drummer), Vida Band, Andy Anderson's Pelican State Jazz Band, Duke Derbigny's Orchestra, Joe Thomas' Dixieland Band, and Punch Miller's Bunch
- Sweet Georgia Brown (vocals, Hopkins) -- Song of the wanderer (vocals, Hopkins) -- Get on the right side (vocals, Howard) -- St. Louis blues (vocals, Howard) -- Chant of the tuxedoes (vocals, Anderson) -- Basin Street blues (vocals, Mitchell) -- I can do most anything for you (vocals, Matie Murray) -- Sweet Georgia Brown (vocals, Matie Murray) -- Careless love (vocals, Anderson) -- Honeysuckle Rose (vocals, Anderson) -- Blues in G (vocals, Anderson) -- Eh la bas #1-#2 (vocals, Thomas) -- Shine (vocals, Miller) -- Harris blues (vocals, Miller, Harris) -- Chinatown (vocals, Miller) -- High society (vocals, Miller) -- Bugle call rag (vocals, Miller).
- Dixieland jazz, blues and ragtime music.
Selections previously unissued.
Program notes by Barry Martyn and biographical notes ( p. : ill.) inserted in container.
The Wayne "Fuzzy" and Ann W. Lehman Collection.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Kid Howard's Band (Kid Howard, trumpet; Sammy Hopkins, piano; Frank Murray, guitar; Chester Zardis, double bass (1st-2nd works) ; Kid Howard, trumpet; Frank Murray, guitar (3rd-4th works)) ; Andy Anderson's Pelican State Jazz Band (Andrew Anderson, trumpet; Martin Cole, tenor saxophone; Joe Robertson, piano; Leonard Mitchell, guitar, banjo; Charles Sylvester, drums) (5th-6th works) ; Duke Derbigny's Orchestra (Charles "Duke" Derbigny, trumpet; Joe "Cornbread" Thomas, clarinet; Frank Murray, guitar (7th-8th works); Andrew Anderson, trumpet; Frank Murray, guitar (9th-11th works)) ; Joe Thomas' Dixieland Band (Joe "Cornbread" Thomas, clarinet; Charles "Duke" Derbigny, trumpet; Frank Murray, guitar; Junious Wilson, drums) (12th-13th works) ; Punch Miller's Band (Ernest "Punch" Miller, trumpet; Harris, piano; Clifford "Snag" Jones, drums) (remainder).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 1937-1941 in New Orleans (1st-13th works), and Jan. 28, 1941 at H & T Tavern, Chicago (remainder).
View MARC record | catkey: 3557764