Guilding solidarity / directed by Lenneke Sipkes ; produced by Lenneke Sipkes
- Leiden, South Holland : Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology, Universiteit Leiden, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (30 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Sipkes, Lenneke and Universiteit Leiden. Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Palestine is often associated with walls, settlements and violence. Many tourists avoid areas of political unrest, but others come to see the situation with their own eyes. A small but growing industry in the Palestinian West Bank offers political tours and programs which take tourists to sites of conflict, such as refugee camps and checkpoints. Guiding Solidarity follows several tourism workers to explore how they use their work as a platform to share their narratives of life under military occupation. Through their tours, programs and self-crafted souvenirs they try encourage support for the Palestinian cause amongst tourists.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 16, 2021).
View MARC record | catkey: 35580258