The feel of history
- Leiden, South Holland : Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology, Universiteit Leiden, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (30 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Zurné, Lise and Universiteit Leiden. Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
- Language Note:
- In Indonesian with English subtitles.
- Each year on the 1st of March, a historical society called the Komunitas Djokjakarta 1945 re-enacts one of the last battles with the Dutch colonizers of 1949 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Following their preparations, this film seeks to portray this community and its main members and explores why these men are so interested in re-enacting the past. Focusing on the material culture of re-enactment, this film shows how these re-enactors create their own spectacular and romanticized re-presentation of the past that allows them to temporarily be the war heroes that they worship so much.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 16, 2021).
View MARC record | catkey: 35580262