The agile college : how institutions successfully navigate demographic changes / Nathan D. Grawe
- Grawe, Nathan D.
- Baltimore, Maryland : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2021.
- Physical Description:
- x, 251 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Part I. Demographic pressure -- Evolving demographic trends -- Updated projections of higher education demand -- New lenses for higher education demand -- A detailed examination by race -- Part II. The response of higher education -- Strategies and tactics for tackling disruptive change -- Recruitment and financial aid policies -- Retention initiatives -- Program reforms -- Reorganization, rightsizing, and other names for retrenchment -- Growth plans -- Collaborative action -- Something between Chicken Little and Pollyanna.
- "This book examines how institutions of higher education in the United States are responding to the challenges that demographic change presents. Grawe draws on interviews with leaders in higher education and case studies at a variety of institutions to provide prescient guidance for leaders in higher education who want to take proactive measures in advance of a predicted decrease in demand for higher education"--
- 9781421440231 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 35581740