Kerista : scientific utopianism & the humanities. Volume 1. Book 4, Spring 1985, 1985 / art & writings by the members of the Kerista Philanthropic Collective Settlement
- [United States?] : Kerista Consciousness Church, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume (128 pages)) : illustrations (black and white).
- Additional Creators:
- Kerista Consciousness Church (San Francisco, Calif.) and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "Collection: Kenneth R. Haslam, Polyamory Collection"--Home page.
"Series: Series X) Additional Materials"--Home page.
"Series Description: Items were donated by Dr. Kenneth Haslam on February 14, 2012."--Home page.
"Collection Overview: The Kenneth R. Haslam, MD collection at The Kinsey Institute contains materials related to polyamory. It consists of conference materials, Internet resources, media coverage, and research articles, as well as Dr Haslam's personal correspondence and papers originally delivered at poly-oriented meetings, sex research and sex therapy conferences. Additionally, there are materials from several other donors relating to research, media response, and community communications and publications. The bulk of the collection represents the work of Dr. Haslam and other poly-activists from 2000 to the present, with contributions from earlier polyamory writers and activists dating from the 1970s. Dr. Haslam's decision to develop the polyamory collection at The Kinsey Institute reflects his interest in providing information and educating the public about polyamorous relationships. The collection includes biographical information about Kenneth Haslam, who has been a leader in organizing and documenting the polyamory community, and in introducing polyamory into the academic sphere. Dr. Haslam's presentations, featured in this collection, are geared towards educating professionals, practitioners, the public and the poly-community; they form a framework for understanding polyamory, along with snapshots of the lifestyles and communities. Many different polyamory groups and communities are represented in the collection, including the 1970s Kerista Community and the Church of All Worlds in the U.S., and international materials, such as Dutch language publications from The Netherlands. The collection also contains newsletters that were the precursors of Loving More magazine, a complete collection of Loving More magazine. The vast array of Internet community resources includes list-servs, blogs and journals, and websites. Examples are archives of the website "Polyamorous Percolations," "Swingercast," the swingers' podcast, Unitarian Universalists for Polyamory Awareness materials, and archives of various web-based discussion groups. There is a polyamory bibliography containing a variety of materials, including books on the subject that are held by the Kinsey Institute."--Home page.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2021. Digitized from a copy held by the Kinsey Institute Library & Special Collections and made available by Adam Matthew Digital.
- Location of Originals:
- The Kinsey Institute Library & Special Collections
- Copyright Note:
- Kenneth R Haslam Polyamory Collection © Kenneth R Haslam. Copyright © The Trustees of Indiana University on behalf of the Kinsey Institute. Some material also sourced from the Collections of the Kinsey Institute, Indiana University. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 35586887