Battlestar Galactica / produced by Harvey Frand ; executive producer, David Eick, Ronald D. Moore ; written by Ronald D. Moore and Christopher Eric James ; directed by Michael Rymer
- Uniform Title:
- Battlestar Galactica (Television program : 2003)
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container: Battlestar Galactica, the miniseries
- Universal City, CA : Universal Studios Home Video, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (183 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Frand, Harvey, Eick, David, 1968-, Moore, Ronald D., Larson, Glen A., Rymer, Michael, 1963-, Ransom, Joel, Gibbs, Richard Kendall, 1955-, Olmos, Edward James, McDonnell, Mary, Sackhoff, Katee, Bamber, Jamie, 1973-, Callis, James, Helfer, Tricia, Rennie, Callum Keith, 1960-, Park, Grace, 1974-, Hogan, Michael (Actor), Bennett, Matthew, 1968-, Campbell, Paul, 1979-, Douglas, Aaron, 1971-, Gale, Lorena, Hope, Barclay, 1958-, McClure, Kandyse, 1980-, Juliani, Alessandro, 1978-, Clyne, Nicki, 1983-, Penikett, Tahmoh, 1975-, USA Cable Entertainment (Firm), and Universal Studios Home Video (Firm)
- Sci Fi Pictures
- Language Note:
- English 5.1, dubbed French 5.1 or Spanish 2.0 dialogue with optional English SDH, Spanish or French subtitles; closed-captioned.
- Side A. Miniseries -- side B. Special features.
- It's been 40 years since the 12 colonies of mankind have heard from their progeny, the Cylons -- robotic creatures who rose up and declared war on their masters, then disappeared. In a sudden, devastating strike, the Cylons return and lay waste to the colonies, aided by human-looking Cylon variants and an unwitting fifth columnist. The attack forces Commander William Adama to call into action his museum-piece warship, the Battlestar Galactica, and soon its company of hotshot fighter pilots is blasting away at the invaders. But their best efforts can't prevent the colonies' obliteration. Fleeing the Cylon genocide, the Galactica leads a rag-tag fleet of survivors on a lonely quest to find humanity's fabled 13th colony -- a planet known as Earth. The miniseries lead to the later television series.
- Audience Notes:
- Not rated.
- Based on a teleplay by Glen A. Larson; a remake of the 1970s television series.
Originally broadcast by the Sci-Fi Channel in 2003; c2003, held by USA Cable Entertainment.
Special features: side A. Commentary with director Michael Rymer and executive producers David Eick and Ron Moore; side B. Making-of featurette 'Battlestar Galactica : the lowdown'; deleted scenes.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Casting by Robert Ulrich, Eric Dawson, Carol Kritzer ; director of photography, Joel Ransom ; consulting producer, Glen A. Larson ; associate producer, Paul M. Leonard ; visual effects supervisor, Gary Hutzel ; music by Richard Gibbs ; edited by Dany Cooper ; costume designer, Deborah Everton ; production designer, Richard Hudolin.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Edward James Olmos (Commander Adama), Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Lt. Kara Thrace/Starbuck), Jamie Bamber (Capt. Lee Adama/Apollo), James Callis (Gaius Baltar), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), Callum Keith Rennie (Leoben Conoy), Grace Park (Lt. Sharon Valerii/Boomer), Michael Hogan (Col. Tigh), Matthew Bennett (Doral), Paul Campbell (Billy), Aaron Douglas (Crew Chief Tyrol), Lorena Gale (Priest Elosha), Barclay Hope (transport pilot), Kandyse McClure (Dualla), Alessandro Juliani (Gaeta), Nicki Clyne (Cally), Tahmoh Penikett (Lt. Karl Agathon, Helo).
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1) presentation, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0, double-sided disc.
View MARC record | catkey: 35587073