Tony Kushner : new essays on the art and politics of the plays / edited by James Fisher
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., 2006.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 225 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Fisher, James, 1950-
- "The angels of fructification" : Tennessee Williams, Tony Kushner, and images of homosexuality on the American stage / James Fisher -- Kushner, Inge and "Little Sheba" : strange bedfellows / Jeff Johnson -- Blood relations : Adrienne Kennedy and Tony Kushner / Robert Vorlicky -- Then and now : W.H. Auden, Christopher Isherwood, Tony Kushner, and fascist creep / David Garrett Izzo -- Stonewall, "constant historical progress," and Angels in America : The neo-Hegelian positivist sense / David Krasner -- Queer politics to fabulous politics in Angels in America : pinklisting and forgiving Roy Cohn / Atsushi Fujita -- Two illusions : cultural borrowings and transcendence / Felicia Hardison Londré -- Reading Corneille with Brecht : The comedy of illusion and the illusions of citizenship / Stefka Mihaylova -- When worlds collide : the Kushner-Lamos A dybbuk at Hartford Stage / Paula T. Alekson -- Repairing reality : the media and Homebody/Kabul in New York, 2001 / Jacob Juntunen -- "Succumbing to luxury" : history, language, and hope in Homebody/Kabul / James Fisher -- The therapy of desire / Bert Stern.
- "Playwright Tony Kushner is a voice of intellectualism, neo-socialism, gay activism and political outrage in an era when the political pendulum has swayed to the right. Through scalding humor, thought, and compassion, he explores political dynamics and the human condition in the modern era. In this book 11 scholars explore the works of Tony Kushner across his career"--Provided by publisher.
- 0786425369 (softcover : alk. paper)
9780786425365 (softcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3559230