Crisis and creativity : exploring the wealth of the African neighbourhood / edited by Piet Konings, Dick Foeken
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 254 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Konings, Piet
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- African dynamics, 1568-1777 ; v. 5
- 1. The African neighbourhood : an introduction / P. Konings, Rijk van Dijk & D. Foeken -- 2. Surviving in the neighbourhoods of Nakuru town, Kenya / Samuel Owuor & Dick Foeken -- 3. 'Bendskin' drivers in Douala's New Bell neighbourhood : masters of the road and the city / P. Konings -- 4. Intimate strangers : neighbourhood, autochthony and the politics of belonging / Basile Ndjio -- 5. Neighbourhood formation process : access to housing land in Kamwokya, Kampala, Uganda / Emmanuel Nkurunziza -- 6. Urban space, gender and identity : a neighbourhood of Muslim women in Kano, Nigeria / Katja Werthmann -- 7. Maps of what matters : community colour / Deborah Pellow -- 8. Not quite the comforts of home : searching for locality among street youth in Dar es Salaam / Eileen Moyer -- 9. Togolese cartographies : re-mapping space in a post-Cold War city / Charles Piot -- 10. Neighbours on the fringers of a small city in post-war Chad / Mirjam de Bruijn -- 11. Neighbourhood (re)construction and changing identities in Mauritania from a small town perspective / Kiky van Til.
- 9004150048 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 3559745