Palestinian refugee repatriation : global perspectives / edited by Michael Dumper
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 338 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Dumper, Michael
- Routledge studies in Middle Eastern politics
- Introduction : the comparative study of refugee repatriation programmes and the Palestinian case / Michael Dumper -- Trends and patterns in refugee repatriation : overview and the Palestinian case -- Return of refugees : retrospect and prospect / Richard Black -- UNHCR and repatriation / Patricia Weiss Fagen -- Perspectives on Palestinian repatriation / Rex Brynen -- The Palestinian refugees of 1948 : models of allowed and refused return / Menachem Klein -- Case studies -- 'Sustainable returns?' : state, politics and mobile livelihoods : the Guatemalan case / Finn Stepputat -- What does "adequate assistance" mean in the context of promoting viable return and appropriate compensation? : lessons from the Horn of Africa / Laura Hammond -- Linking return and reintegration to complex forced migration emergencies : diversities of conflict, patterns of displacement and humanitarian responses : a comparative analysis / Christopher McDowell, Nicholas Van Hear -- Refugee return in Bosnia and Herzegovina / Paul Prettitore -- Re-approaching voluntary repatriation within a reconciliation framework : a proposal drawn from the Cambodian return process / Ana García Rodicio -- UNHCR under duress : the reducing power of UNHCR to influence outcomes for Afghan refugees / Peter Marsden -- Politically preferred solutions and refugee choices : applying the lessons of Iraq to Palestine / Michael Kagan -- Lessons learnt -- Palestinian return migration : lessons from the international refugee regime / Sari Hanafi -- Global perspectives on Palestinian refugee repatriation / Michael Dumper.
- 0415384974 (hbk. : alk. paper)
0415385504 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -328) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3585150