Case studies in US trade negotiation / Charan Deveraux, Robert Z. Lawrence, Michael D. Watkins
- Devereaux, Charan
- Additional Titles:
- Case studies in U.S. trade negotiation and Case studies in United Sstates trade negotiation
- Washington, DC : Institute for International Economics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence, Robert Z., 1949- and Watkins, Michael, 1956-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- v. 1. MAKING THE RULES; The agreement on trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights -- The multilateral agreement on investment -- Fast track/trade promotion authority -- China's accession : the 1999 US-China bilateral agreement and the battle for permanent normal trade relations -- The US-EU mutual recognition agreements -- Making trade policy -- Coverage -- Depth -- Enforcement -- Developing countries -- Winners and losers -- Governance -- Looking forward -- Negotiating trade agreements -- Foundations of negotiation analysis -- Analyzing process dynamics -- Guiding questions -- Trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights -- Making trade policy -- International trade meets intellectual property : the making of the TRIPS agreement (TRIPS, case 1) -- International trade meets public health : patent rules and access to medicine (TRIPS, case 2) -- Negotiation analysis of the TRIPS cases -- Appendix 3a: TRIPS: timeline -- Appendix 3b: South African Medicines and Related Substances Control Amendment Act of 1997, Section 15c -- Appendix 3c: excerpts from the TRIPS agreement (1994) -- Appendix 3d: a selection of press headlines on intellectual property rights and TRIPS -- Appendix 3e: Doha declaration on the TRIPS agreement and public health -- Appendix 3f: Implementation of paragraph 6 of the Doha declaration on the TRIPS agreement and public health -- The multilateral agreement on investment -- Making trade policy -- A virtual defeat? stalling the multilateral agreement on investment -- Negotiation analysis of the case -- Appendix 4a: agreement on trade-related investment measures (1995) -- Fast tract/trade promotion authority -- Making trade policy -- Fast tract derailed: the 1997 attempt to renew fast-track trade legislation -- Negotiation analysis of the case -- The 1999 US-China bilateral agreement and the battle for PNTR -- Making trade policy -- The eagle and the dragon: the 1999 US-China bilateral agreement and the battle for PNTR -- Negotiation analysis of the case -- Appendix 6a: timeline: the 1999 US-China bilateral agreement and the battle for PNTR -- The US-EU mutual recognition agreements -- Making trade policy -- International trade meets demestic regulation: negotiating the US-EU mutual recognition agreements -- Negotiation analysis of the case -- Appendix 7a: excerpt from the FDA Modernization Act of 1997 -- Appendix 7b: aggreement on mutual recognition between the European Community and the United States of America (1998) -- v. 2. RESOLVING DISPUTES; Food fight : the United States, Europe, and trade in hormone-treated beef -- Banana wars: challenges to the European Union's banana regime -- Snapshot: Kodak v. Fuji -- Standing up for steel : the US government response to steel industry and union efforts to win protection from imports (1998-2001) -- Brazil's WTO cotton case : negotiation through litigation -- The US-EU dispute over trade in genetically modified crops.
- 0881323624 (v. 1 : alk. paper), 9780881323627 (v. 1 : alk. paper), 0881323632 (v. 2 : alk. paper), 9780881323634 (v. 2 : alk. paper), 0881323640 (set), and 9780881323641 (set)
- "September 2006."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3585396