Constitutional courts in comparison [electronic resource] : the U.S. Supreme Court and the German Federal Constitutional Court / edited by Ralf Rogowski and Thomas Gawron
- New York : Berghahn Books, 2016.
- New and revised second edition.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 304 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Rogowski, Ralf and Gawron, Thomas
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Constitutional litigation in the United States / Robert A. Kagan and Gregory Elinson -- Access to the German Federal Constitutional Court / Werner Heun -- Mobilization of the German Federal Constitutional Court / Erhard Blankenburg -- The U.S. Supreme Court's strategic decision making process / Timothy R. Johnson and Maron W. Sorenson -- Decision making at the German Federal Constitutional Court / Uwe Kranenpohl -- Junior varsity judges? Law clerks in the decisional process of the U.S. Supreme Court / Artemus Ward -- The legal assistants at the German Federal Constitutional Court : a "black box" of research? / Otwin Massing -- The implementation of U.S. Supreme Court decisions / Lawrence Baum -- Implementation of German Federal Constitutional Court decisions : judicial orders and the federal legislature / Thomas Gawron and Ralf Rogowski -- The U.S. Supreme Court and the German Federal Constitutional Court : selection, nomination and election of justices / Klaus Stewe -- The impact of the German Federal Constitutional Court on consolidation and quality of democracy / Sascha Kneip -- Constitutional courts in changing political systems / Hans J. Lietzmann.
- 9781785332739 hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 35856935