Fly the wing [electronic resource] : a flight training handbook for transport category airplanes / Billy Walker
- Walker, Billy, Captain
- Newcastle, Washington : Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc., 
- Fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 254 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "'Fly the Wing' has been an indispensable comprehensive textbook on transport-category airplanes for more than 45 years. Updated to include coverage of modern cockpit automation, 'Fly the Wing,' Fourth Edition provides pilots with valuable tools and proven techniques for all flight operations. Pilots planning a career in aviation will find that this book provides important insights that other books miss. Inside the book you'll find a link and a password which grant access to download a complete glossary of flight terms, printable quick reference handbooks, and numerous supporting graphics. Written in an easy, conversational style, this useful reference progresses from ground school equipment and procedures, to simulators, to real flight. Along the way, the author covers the physical, psychological and technical preparation needed by pilots to acquire an ATP certificate while maintaining the highest standards of performance. Although not intended to replace training manuals, 'Fly the Wing' is by itself a course in advanced aviation. With clear explanations and in-depth coverage, it has been described as a full step beyond the normal training handbook. Pilots desiring additional knowledge in the fields of modern flight deck automation, high-speed aerodynamics, high-altitude flying, speed control, take-offs, and landings in heavy, high performance aircraft will do well to read and retain this material."--Provided by publisher.
- 9781619546387 (trade pbk. ; alk. paper)
1619546388 (trade pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Revised edition of: Fly the wing / Jim Webb and Billy Walker.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 35857698