Global commons and the law of the sea [electronic resource] / edited by Keyuan Zou
- Leiden, The Netherlands ; Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 349 pages : illustrations, maps 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Zou, Keyuan
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Global commons and the law of the sea : an introduction / Keyuan Zou -- Applying the principle of the common heritage of mankind : an East Asian perspective / Seokwoo Lee and Jeong Woo Kim -- The principle of the common heritage of mankind can be applied to marine genetic resources / Yao Huang and Changshun Hu -- U.S. maritime claims and establishment of marine national monuments in the Pacific Ocean : a preliminary study of the question concerning possible encroachment of the global commons / Yann- huei Song -- Rethinking high seas fishing freedoms : how high seas duties are catching up / Warwick Gullett and Quentin Hanich -- Evolution of Soviet maritime navigation policy and China's far seas operations / J. Ashley Roach -- Exploring the deep frontier : deep sea mining opportunities and challenges in the Pacific / Clive Schofield -- Deep seabed mining: environmental concerns and improvement of regulations / Julia Guifang Xue and Xiangxin Xu -- The continental shelf beyond 200 nautical miles and its superjacent waters : a hybrid legal regime within and beyond national jurisdiction / David M. Ong -- An unfinished agenda : governance of areas beyond national jurisdiction / David Freestone -- Areas beyond national jurisdiction : towards the end of the mediterranean paradox? / Lorenzo Schiano di Pepe -- The international seafood sustainability foundation and high seas fisheries conservation : the potential of private governance for managing public resources in the global commons / Anastasia Telesetsky -- International governance on marine geo-engineering for climate change mitigation / Gi Hoon Hong and Young Joo Lee -- The obligation of due diligence in regulating the marine genetic resources in areas beyond national jurisdiction / Hua Zhang -- The development of the polar code and challenges to its implementation / Zhen Sun and Robert Beckman -- Protecting the commons in the polar south : progress and prospects for marine protected areas in the Antarctic / Karen N. Scott.
- 9789004373327 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 35857878