Mussolini's children [electronic resource] : race and elementary education in Fascist Italy / Eden K. McLean
- McLean, Eden K.
- Lincoln : University of Nebraska Press, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 320 pages ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Defining Fascist power and identity, 1922-29 -- Designing a Fascist elementary education -- "Reawakening the spirit" -- "Fascistizing" the nation and race, 1929-34 -- From instruction to education -- From fit to Fascist -- Resurrecting the Roman Empire, 1934-38 -- "Libro e moschetto, fascista perfetto," 1934-36 -- Educating rulers for the second Roman Empire, 1936-38 -- Ensuring the empire's immortality, 1938-40 -- Enforcing the racial ideal -- Enduring principles of Italian racial identity -- Conclusion.
- ""Mussolini's Children" uses modern theories of race and biopolitics and the lens of state-mandated youth culture--elementary education and the auxiliary organizations designed to mold the minds and bodies of Italy's children between the ages of five and eleven--to understand the evolution of Fascist racism"--
- 9781496206428 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 35858931