Reformed theology today [electronic resource] : practical-theological, missiological and ethical perspectives / edited by Sarel P. van der Walt, Nico Vorster
- [Durbanville, South Africa] : AOSIS, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (241 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Van der Walt, Sarel P. and Vorster, Nico, 1973-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Speaking about God : Luther as guide in the field of homiletics -- Evaluation of the concept of continuous reformation (semper reformanda) in liturgy focussed on the Reformation of the 16th century and the emergent church movement -- Convinced by Scripture and plain reason : reasonable reformational apologetics -- Was the church made only for mission? Revisiting missio Dei and missio ecclesia from the perspective of Paul's letter to the Ephesians -- Missiology and Reformation in a post-Christian Western world -- Paying unpaid debts. Reformational antidotes for some of the challenges posed by prosperity gospel theology -- Towards a pastoral care for Africa : some practical theological considerations for a contextual approach -- Xenophobia and social prejudice through the lens of Calvin : from 'iron philosophy' to home sympatheticus in a practical theology of home within the global dilemma of displaced refugees -- Hermeneutics and ethics. The quest for a 'biblical ethic' -- From psalter to hymnal. Recent developments in the Reformed Churches in South Africa in the light of the principles and practices of the Reformation.
- "The book focuses on, and forms part of celebrating 500 years since the start of the Reformation during the 16th century. Its purpose is to commemorate the quincentenary anniversary of the Reformation in Europe and to indicate the way in which the rich legacy of this important period in the history of the church and society still influences globally the theological landscape in the fields of Practical Theology, Missiology and Ethics. Specific attention is given to the manner in which the core principles of the Reformation can be utilised for these disciplines and applied in a contemporary context ... This book illustrates and underscores the practical-theological legacy and importance of the Reformation for church and society ... This book focuses on ways in which the legacy of the Reformation addresses practical and relevant issues for 21st-century believers, scholars and churches"--Foreword.
- 9781928396307 (pdf)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode
Creative Commons NonCommercial-NoDerivs https://creativecommons.org/licenses/http://www.oapen.org/download/?type=document&docid=640132
View MARC record | catkey: 35859640