The Rome Statute of the ICC at its twentieth anniversary [electronic resource] : achievements and perspectives / edited by Pavel Šturma
- Additional Titles:
- Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court at its twentieth anniversary
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 252 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Šturma, Pavel
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Part 1. A way to the Rome Statute and beyond -- Ad hoc tribunals and their significance for developing the activities of the ICC / Anna Richterová -- The system of operation of international criminal justice fora, in particular of the International Criminal Court : will the future be governed by politics, orders or law? / Tamás Lattmann -- The Rome Statute of the ICC and the recent works of the International Law Commission / Pavel Šturma -- Part 2. Contribution of the ICC to the definition and interpretation of international crimes -- On the activation of ICC jurisdiction over the crime of aggression / Claus Kress -- International Criminal Court, war crimes and crimes against humanity / Josef Mrázek -- Contribution of the International Criminal Court to the prosecution of sexual and gender-based crimes : between promise and practice / Kateřina Uhlířová -- Mental element (mens rea) of the crime of aggression and related issues / Milan Lipovský -- Part 3. Preliminary examination and investigation -- Making the wrong enemies? : the ICC prosecutor's dilemma when targeting powerful states at the preliminary examination stage / Iryna Marchuk and Aloka Wanigasuriya -- The International Criminal Court and Syria : the absence of jurisdiction and the pressing need for international criminal justice / Jan Lhotský -- The principle of complementarity in practice / Kristýna Urbanová -- Al-Bashir and the ICC : tag, hide-and-seek, or rather, blind man's bluff? / Ondřej Svaček -- Part 4. Trials -- All roads lead to Rome : lifting the veil on the ICC's procedural pluriformity / Simon De Smet -- Experience from the Special Tribunal for Lebanon / Ivana Hrdličková.
- 9789004379398 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 223-250) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 35859786