Remarks on the slave trade [electronic resource] / extracted from the American museum, for May, 1789. and published by order of the Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery, &c.
- [Philadelphia] : [Printed by Mathew Carey?], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : illustrations (engraving) ; 33 x 40 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Elford, William, Sir, 1749-1837
Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery
- Related Titles:
- American museum : or Universal magazine. 1789, May
Plan of an African ship's lower deck
- The engraved illustration at head has caption: Plan of an African ship's lower deck, with Negroes, in the proportion of not quite one to a ton.
"Published by a society at Plymouth, in Great Britain; from which the Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery have taken ... extracts."--prefatory paragraph, dated: Philadelphia, May 29, 1789. The extract is signed: "By the Plymouth committee, W. Elford, chairman."
Another edition (Evans 21807) was printed by Mathew Carey.
Text in three columns; printed area measures 28.8 x 31.9 cm.
Not listed in Charles Evans' American bibliography (Chicago : Blakely Press, 1903-1959) or in Roger Bristol's Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography (Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 1970).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 49622).
View MARC record | catkey: 3586430