Fast forward your career : a personal playbook to boost leadership / Simonetta Lureti and Lucio Furlani
- Lureti, Simonetta
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2021.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 126 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Furlani, Lucio
- Business career development collection, 2642-2131
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Chapter 1. The assignment -- Chapter 2. Kick off -- Chapter 3. Let's go! -- Chapter 4. The following morning -- Chapter 5. Tennis class -- Chapter 6. The setback -- Chapter 7. Reset with a friend -- Chapter 8. Finally -- Chapter 9. Presentation to the board -- Chapter 10. How did it go? -- Chapter 11. First rollout -- Chapter 12. New board review -- Chapter 13. Debrief with the team.
- Fast forward your career is for managers, corporate staff, and MBA students who want to position themselves for their next career opportunity and learn the necessary skills to be successful in the digital age. Human is at the core, the business has adapted, and organizations are more open, flat, and fluid. The concept of leadership evolves. Business acumen and execution continue to be pivotal. But alone, they are not enough to achieve success. The ability to listen, create trust, and work with purpose become enablers of one-on-one engagement, high performance, self-realization. A new mindset is needed to face the unknown. New skills such as creativity, antifragility, emotional intelligence, and critical thinking have to be practiced to boost true leadership, inspire and motivate people, and grab opportunities in these uncertain times. Communication and collaboration at all levels, across and outside the organization, are key for your career. In this book, the authors provide a useful, practical, and intuitive guide to important topics, often mentioned, not always known, but fundamental to develop your leadership skills and guide your career in the digital age. They have condensed their experience as executives, coaches, consultants to challenge you with insights and further application. The book combines practical concepts with story telling to let you observe skills in practice. Interviews with successful leaders bring further proof and additional perspectives on effective leadership. Finally, an introductionto the Science of Happiness shares recent findings that cannot be ignored by leaders and organizations in the postpandemic scenario.
- 9781637421048 e-book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 121-122) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 35864923