Queuing Theory and Telecommunications [electronic resource] : Networks and Applications / by Giovanni Giambene
- Giambene, Giovanni
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 3rd ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 413 p. 253 illus., 38 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Part 1. Telecommunication Networks -- Chapter 1. Introduction to Telecommunication Networks -- Chapter 2. IP-Based Networks and Future Trends -- Part 2. Queuing Theory and Applications to Networks -- Chapter 3. Survey on Probability Theory -- Chapter 4. Markov Chains and Queuing Theory -- Chapter 5. M/G/1 Queuing Theory and Applications -- Chapter 6. Local Area Networks and Analysis -- Chapter 7. Networks of Queues.
- This thoroughly revised textbook provides a description of current networking technologies and protocols as well as important new tools for network performance analysis based on queuing theory. The third edition adds topics such as network virtualization and new related architectures, novel satellite systems (such as Space X, OneWeb), jitter and its impact on streaming services, packet level FEC techniques and network coding, new Markovian models, and advanced details on M/G/1 queuing models. The author also adds new selected exercises throughout the chapters and a new version of the slides and the solution manual. The book maintains its organization with networking technologies and protocols in Part I and then theory and exercises with applications to the different technologies and protocols in Part II. This book is intended as a textbook for master level courses in networking and telecommunications sectors. Thoroughly revised to cover the latest methods and practical applications used for telecommunication network analysis and design Features new topics such as network virtualization, satellite systems, and new Markovian and M/G/1 models Includes updated exercises throughout the book and updated slides and solution manual.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 35865212