Whereas Congress in July one thousand seven hundred and eighty-seven, did authorize the Board of Treasury to contract for the sale of certain lands belonging to the United States ... [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Congress (3rd, 1st session : 1793-1794) Senate
- [Philadelphia] : [publisher not identified], [1794?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (2 unnumbered pages) ; 36 x 21 cm
- Apparently an early draft of a bill resulting from the petition of the French immigrants at Gallipolis, Ohio, communicated to the Senate on March 24, 1794, concerning lands for which they had contracted with the Ohio Company. A bill for their relief was enacted into law on March 3, 1795, however, the text of the final statute does not resemble this draft; cf. Evans 29702.
Printed either by Francis Childs and John Swaine, printers to the Congress in 1794, or by John Fenno, who printed other Congressional bills at this time.
With numbered lines.
Not listed in Charles Evans' American bibliography (Chicago : Blakely Press, 1903-1959) or in Roger Bristol's Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography (Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 1970).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 49421).
View MARC record | catkey: 3586561