German Society of Pennsylvania membership certificate for F.A. Genth, 1864 May 25.
- Additional Titles:
- First line: Hiemit wird beurkundet, dasz in einer Versamlung der zur Unterstützung
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 21 x 31 cm, on sheet 28 x 40 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- A membership certificate in the German Society of Pennsylvania, the printed form filled out for F.A. Genth. The form is written in Fraktur type with ornate capitals; a decorative motif at the top includes a medallion with a ship, plow, and sheafs of grain, with a vine extending to the left and right; the form is enclosed in a double-line border. The form was complete 25 May 1864 for F.A. Genth, and signed by President J. Theoph. Plate and Secretary J. Stein. The form was designed by W. Harrison, and is embossed with the Society's seal.
- In Rare Books and Manuscripts, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA (#F160.G3A55/A-S/Item 54/Vault)
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased from Family Album, 2006.
- Index Note:
- Online finding aid for all Penn State Pennsylvania German broadsides and Fraktur available at http://resources.libraries.psu.edu/findingaids/2428.htm
View MARC record | catkey: 3586843