Meeting the challenge of 9/11 : blueprints for more effective government / edited by Thomas H. Stanton
- Armonk, N.Y. : M.E. Sharpe, Inc., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 352 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Stanton, Thomas H., 1944-
- Introduction : meeting the challenge of September 11 / Thomas H. Stanton -- Public administration since September 11 -- Moving toward more capable government : a guide to organizational design / Thomas H. Stanton -- Developing the domestic security state / James Carroll -- Organizing for more effective government : creating the department of homeland security : choosing an old corrective for a new problem / Frederick M. Kaiser -- The undersecretary for management : an essential position in a cabinet department / Alan L. Dean and Dwight Ink -- The proposal for an Office of Federal Management revisited / Ronald C. Moe -- Managing for more effective government -- Observations on organization and management / Murray Comarow -- Managing change that makes a difference / Dwight Ink -- Developments in the federal performance management movement : balancing -- Conflicting values in GPRA and part / Beryl Radin -- Addressing critical issues -- The many cultures of government / Michael Maccoby -- Contractingan American way of governance : post' 9/11 constitutional choices / Dan Guttman -- Improving the military personnel system / Cindy Williams -- Will Homeland Security improve intergovernmental nagement? / Enid Beaumont and Bruce McDowell -- Improving Federal relations with states, localities, and private organizations on matters of Homeland Security : the stakeholder council model / Thomas H. Stanton.
- 0765617587 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780765617583 (cloth : alk. paper)
0765617595 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780765617590 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3587693