The burden of the Berrigans
- Worcester, Mass. : Holy Cross Quarterly, 1971.
Watertown, MA : Woodland Pub.
- Physical Description:
- 80 pages : illustrations, facsimiles, portraits ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Casey, William Van Etten, 1914-
Brown, Robert McAfee, 1920-2001
Greeley, Andrew M., 1928-2013
Clifford, Richard J.
Conley, Mary Rose
Gray, Francine du Plessix
O'Brien, David J.
Raines, John C.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Thank you, Dan and Phil [editorial] / William Van Etten Casey -- The Burden of the Berrigans / Edward Duff -- The Berrigans - Prophetic? / Richard J. Clifford -- The Berrigans - Phrenetic? / Andrew M. Greeley -- On the limits of civil disobedience / Noam Chomsky -- The Enemy is everywhere / Daniel Berrigan [brief excerpt from "They call us dead men"] Phil Berrigan in prison : an untold story of Senator Goodell and Doctor Coles / Philip Nobile -- Philip F. Berrigan, A.B. : [entry from 1950 Holy Cross yearbook] -- Father Dan Berrigan : the holy outlaw : [very brief excerpt from an interview with the mother of the Berrigan brothers] -- The Berrigans : signs or models? / Robert McAfee Brown -- The Berrigans and America / David J. O'Brien -- Phil Berrigan in Hawaii / Francine du Plessix Gray [interview of John & Lucy Witteck and Wayne & Lori Hayashi] -- The Followers of life / John C. Raines -- Hoover and the Berrigans : script for an unfinished tragicomedy : [excerpts from various documents] -- Anderson of Tennessee : a man for new horizons -- Congressman Anderson's daring deed / Norman C. Miller [from "Wall Street Journal", 1970 Dec. 18] -- Vietnam, U.S.A. / Sister Mary Rose Conley.
- Related Titles:
- Holy Cross Quarterly. Vol. 4, no. 1. 1971 January
- The special Berrigan issue of "Holy Cross Quarterly", v. 4, no.1, 1971 January.
Title from front wrapper.
Front printed paper wrapper printed with title and price in red, and caricature of Daniel Berrigan in black. (Drawn by David Levine.--Page 2.)
Some articles reprinted from other publications, and some photo "captions" are from song lyrics of Kris Kristofferson.--Page 2.
Substantial reader reactions to "The burden of the Berrigans" were printed in "Holy Cross Quarterly", v. 4, no. 2-3.--OCLC OLUC.
An expanded version in book form was also published in 1971.--OCLC OLUC.
- Source of Acquisition:
- PSU Archives copy: Gift of Harry B. Henderson.
View MARC record | catkey: 3588144