Tracking ancient footsteps : William D. Lipe's contributions to southwestern prehistory and public archaeology / edited by R.G. Matson and Timothy A. Kohler
- Additional Titles:
- Ancient footsteps
- Pullman, Wash. : Washington State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 187 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Matson, R. G. (Richard Ghia), 1944-
Kohler, Timothy A.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction / R.G. Matson and Timothy A. Kohler -- The archaeology of Glen Canyon : "the place no one knew" / Don D. Fowler -- Glen Canyon archaeology, then and now : contributions in hindsight / Phil R. Geib -- Basketmaker II and Cedar Mesa / R.G. Matson -- Basketmaker III, Pueblo I, and the Dolores Archaeological Project / Sarah H. Schlanger and Timothy A. Kohler -- Research, public education, and Native American collaboration : the Crow Canyon Archaeological Center / Mark D. Varien and Ricky R. Lightfoot -- Conservation archaeology and the Southwestern Anthropological Research Group / W. James Judge -- The conservation model today and historic preservation / Lynne Sebastian -- A conversation with Bill Lipe.
- Lipe, William D.
- Crow Canyon Archaeological Center—History
- Southwestern Anthropological Research Group (U.S.)—History
- Indianists—Southwest, New—Biography
- Archaeologists—Southwest, New—Biography
- Indians of North America—Southwest, New—Antiquities
- Excavations (Archaeology)—Southwest, New
- Salvage archaeology—Southwest, New
- Southwest, New—Antiquities—Collection and preservation
- 0874222907 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -182).
View MARC record | catkey: 3589151