Screen culture : history & textuality / edited by John Fullerton
- Eastleigh, England : John Libbey, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 278 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Fullerton, John, 1949-
- Stockholm studies in cinema
- Towards a history of theatrical culture : imagining an integrated history of stage and screen / Charles Musser -- 'Garbo talks!' : Scandinavians in Hollywood, the talkie revolution, and the crisis of foreign voice / Arne Lunde -- Artaud's radio : avant-gardism and the event of mediated sound / Malin Wahlberg -- Vitagraph films : a touch of real class / Barry Salt -- Vitagraph fragments in the Library of Congress paper prints collection / Ben Brewster -- Filtering culture : symbolism, modernity and gender construction in Evgenii Bauer's films / Michele L. Torre -- Pressing inroads : metaspectators and the nickelodeon culture / Jan Olsson -- Finding the French on American screens, 1910-14 / Richard Abel -- Re-discovering the challenge of textual instability : new media's lessons for old media historians / William Uricchio -- Perfect machine : Hollis Frampton, avant-garde cinema and the promise of digital media / Peter Lunenfeld -- Sciopticon in Sweden : history and literary imagination / Vreni Hockenjos -- 'Largest picture ever executed by man' : panoramas and the emergence of large-screen and 360-degree technologies / Alison Griffiths -- Remote control : contextualising a modern device / Jan Holmberg -- Rethinking how TV came to the USA / Douglas Gomery -- Touching content : virtual advertising and digital television's recalcitrant audience / William Boddy.
- "This volume constitutes volume 5, number 1/2 of Aura, film sudies journal"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3589498