The church in the barrio : Mexican American ethno-Catholicism in Houston / Roberto R. Treviño
- Treviño, Roberto R.
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 308 pages : illustrations, maps ; 21 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Tejano Catholicism and Houston's Mexican American community -- Ethno-Catholicism : empowerment and way of life -- The poor Mexican : church perceptions of Texas Mexicans -- Answering the call of the people : patterns of institutional growth -- In their own way : parish funding and ethnic identity -- The church in the barrio : the evolution of Catholic social action -- Faith and justice : the church and the Chicano movement.
- 080782996X (cloth : alk. paper)
0807856673 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780807829967 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780807856673 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Description based on surrogate.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -294) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3591326