Wondrous curiosities : ancient Egypt at the British Museum / Stephanie Moser
- Moser, Stephanie
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 328 pages, 12 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Museum display, representation, and ancient Egypt -- To pleasurably serve the mind : the didactic study collections of the early modern period -- Wondrous curiosities : the display of the Sloane collection of Egyptian antiquities, 1759 -- Colossal monstrosities : the Townley installation of Egyptian antiquities, 1808 -- Monumental masterpieces : the exhibition of the collection of Henry Salt, 1823 -- Accessible oddities : the New Smirke Gallery and Egyptian Room, 1834 and 1837 -- Historical documents : the extended Smirke galleries, 1854-1880 -- Something for everyone : the British Museum and its creation of ancient Egypt.
- 0226542092 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780226542096 (cloth : alk. paper)
0226542106 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780226542102 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -303) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3592553