Commonplace-book containing draft legal warrants, culinary and medical recipes, mathematical notes, moral precepts, and English verse from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries : Commonplace book c.1650-1730
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (97 ff.)
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Contains, from one end, 'tables of the names of all the warrants contained in this booke made 1658', followed by a book of recipes, and, from the other end, an 'enumeration table' of various mathematical calculations from ca. 1650, followed by further recipes, an almanack for 1660, various 'divine precepts and moral rules, dated 15 June 1730', and 14 eighteenth-century English poems, mostly anonymous, but with two works by Laurence Eusden and Joseph Addison
- Other Subject(s):
- AMDigital Reference:Lt 102
The compilers of this collection are unknown. Written in several different seventeenth and eighteenth century hands from both ends of the volume, meeting after f.45r. There is some subsidiary pagination within some of the separate sections of text
- Binding Information:
- Bound in worn and somewhat damaged leather with traces of gilt tooling on the outside covers and spine, and traces also of clasps which have been broken off on the fore-edges of the volume.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Commonplace-book containing draft legal warrants, culinary and medical recipes, mathematical notes, moral precepts, and English verse from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, c.1650-1730.
- Location of Originals:
- Brotherton Library, University of Leeds
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from Brotherton Library, University of Leeds
View MARC record | catkey: 36148517