EEG signal processing [electronic resource] : feature extraction, selection and classification methods / edited by Wai Yie Leong
- Stevenage, United Kingdom : Institution of Engineering and Technology, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 283 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Leong, Wai Yie and Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- 1. EEG extraction for meditation / Lewis Tee and Wai Yie Leong -- 2. EEG in auditory selective attention / Yin Fen Low, Daniel J. Strauss, and Yun-Huoy Choo -- 3. Investigating EEG signal detection, feature optimisation, and extraction method for sleep apnea / Leong Wai Yie -- 4. Person authentication using electroencephalogram (EEG) brainwaves signals / Siaw-Hong Liew, Yun-Huoy Choo, Yin Fen Low, and Zeratul Izzah Mohd Yusoh -- 5. Handedness detection system / Chuen Rue Ng and Wai Yie Leong -- 6. Parkinson's disease feature extraction / Pooi Chi Quah and Wai Yie Leong -- 7. Source analysis in motor imagery EEG BCI applications / Aleksandr Zaitcev, Wei Liu, Greg Cook, Martyn Paley, and Elizabeth Milne -- 8. Evaluation for smart air travel support system / CheeFai Tan, Wei Chen, and Matthias Rauterberg -- 9. Brain signal classification using normalisation / James Henshaw, Wei Liu, and Daniela M. Romano -- 10. The biometric brain dermatoglyphic neural architecture (DNA) : brain power at your fingertips / Damera Vijayalakshmi -- 11. Electrocardiography : overview, preparation, and technique / Thulasyammal Ramiah Pillai, Raach Oussama Khalil, and Narendiran Krishnasamy -- 12. Blind source separation for OSAS : data extraction / Tung Ren Sin and Leong Wai Yie.
- "Electroencephalography (EEG) is an electrophysiological monitoring method used to record the brain activity in brain-computer interface (BCI) systems. It records the electrical activity of the brain, is typically non-invasive with electrodes placed along the scalp, requires relatively simple and inexpensive equipment, and is easier to use than other methods. EEG-based BCI methods provide modest speed and accuracy which is why multichannel systems and proper signal processing methods are used for feature extraction, feature selection and feature classification to discriminate among several mental tasks. This edited book presents state of the art aspects of EEG signal processing methods, with an emphasis on advanced strategies, case studies, clinical practices and applications such as EEG for meditation, auditory selective attention, sleep apnoea; person authentication; handedness detection, Parkinson's disease, motor imagery, smart air travel support and brain signal classification."--Back cover.
- 9781785613708 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 36158450