South Pacific. Castaways / produced and directed by Mark Brownlow ; a BBC / Discovery Channel co-production
- Additional Titles:
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2021.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (50 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Brownlow, Mark, Cumberbatch, Benedict, 1976-, Discovery Channel (Firm), British Broadcasting Corporation, and BBC Worldwide Ltd
- Language Note:
- In English.
- This landmark series explores the sheer scale and majesty of the largest ocean on Earth, the isolation of its islands, the extraordinary journeys wildlife and humans have gone through to reach these specks of land, and what happened to both after their arrival. Unimaginably vast, the Pacific is 99% water and only 1% land - you could fit the whole of the world's landmasses into it and still have enough room for another Africa! The distance between these islands can be huge - literally hundreds or thousands of miles - but somehow, life made it there. Isolation does curious things - animals evolve and adapt in strange ways. Witness flesh-eating caterpillars, giant crabs capable of opening coconuts, geckos that can breed without any need of a male, frogs that have never been tadpoles ... Beyond cliched images of swaying palms and idyllic beaches, this is the real, immense and surprising South Pacific.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed November 04, 2021).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch.
View MARC record | catkey: 36174190