Buzzed : the straight facts about the most used and abused drugs from alcohol to ecstasy / Cynthia Kuhn, PhD, Scott Swartzwelder, PhD, Wilkie Wilson, PhD, Duke University and Duke University School of Medicine, with Leigh Heather Wilson and Jeremy Foster
- Kuhn, Cynthia
- New York : W.W. Norton & Company, 
- Fifth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 398 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Swartzwelder, Scott, Wilson, Wilkie, Wilson, Leigh Heather, and Foster, Jeremy
- Just say know -- Test your drug knowledge -- Alcohol -- Caffeine -- Ecstasy -- Hallucinogens -- Herbal drugs -- Inhalants -- Marijuana -- Nicotine -- Opioids -- Sedatives -- Steroids -- Stimulants -- Brain basics -- Drug basics -- Addiction -- Legal issues.
- Fully updated, this matter-of-fact handbook includes the most recent discoveries about drug use, including new information on electronic smoking devices, abuse of prescription stimulants and the opioid crisis. "Lively, highly informative, unbiased, [and] thorough" (Addiction Research & Theory), Buzzed surveys drugs from caffeine to heroin to reveal how these drugs affect the body, the different "highs" they produce and the circumstances in which they can be deadly. Neither a "Just Say No" treatise nor a "How to" manual, Buzzed is based on the conviction that people make better decisions with accurate information at hand.
- 9780393356465 paperback
- Includes index.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 36174439