Routledge handbook of environmental security / edited by Richard Matthew, Evgenia Nizkorodov, and Crystal Murphy ; with Kristen Goodrich, Ashley Hooper, Bemmy Maharramli, Maureen J. Purcell and Paroma Wagle
- Additional Titles:
- Handbook of environmental security
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2022.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Matthew, Richard A., 1959-, Nizkorodov, Evgenia, 1991-, and Murphy, Crystal
- Introduction / Richard A. Matthew and Evgenia Nizkorodov -- Defining environmental peacebuilding / Carl Bruch, David Jensen, and Monica Emma -- The geography(ies) of resource wars / Michael T. Klare -- Extractives as a contributor to conflict / Philippe Le Billon -- Land rights and land use as a contributor to conflict / Jon D. Unruh -- Unpacking the complexity of water, war and conflict / Vandana Asthana -- Climate change as a contributor to conflict / Alec Crawford and Clare Church -- Environmental destruction during war / Charles Closmann -- The toxic legacy of war : landmines and explosive remnants of war / Kenneth R. Rutherford and Paige Ober -- The environmental spoils of war / Paivi Lujala, Ashley Hooper, and Maureen J. Purcell -- Population displacement and the environment during war / Evgenia Nizkorodov and Paroma Wagle -- Natural disasters and armed conflict / Colin Walch -- Climate change, public health and the conflict cycle / James Orbinski, Richard A. Matthew, Evgenia Nizkorodov, and Sifat Reazi -- Natural resource governance reform and environmental peacebuilding / Michael D. Beevers -- Urban dimensions of peacebuilding : green infrastructure in Kigali, Rwanda and Freetown, Sierra Leone as a means for more resilient peace / Bemmy Maharramli -- Peace parks in theory and practice : confronting the elephant in the room / Larry A. Swatuk -- Integrating climate change adaptation into peacebuilding / Richard A. Matthew -- A paradigm for actionable and accessible local flood hazard information / Brett F. Sanders, Richard A. Matthew, Adam Luke, Kristen Goodrich, Victoria Basolo, Ana Eguiarte, Danielle Boudreau, and David L. Feldman -- Securitizing the environment / Rita Floyd -- Environmental security discourse in the anthropocene / Simon Dalby -- The environment and human security : a water-food-energy nexus approach / Florian Krampe, Anders Jägerskog, and Ashok Swain -- The environmental security debate in Nepal :a perspective from the South / Bishnu Raj Upreti and Evgenia Nizkorodov -- Environmental peacebuilding at the Tijuana-San Diego border / Kristen A. Goodrich and Kyle Haines -- Gender and environmental security / Silja Halle -- UN environment's contribution to the emerging field of environmental peacebuilding : key policy milestones and lessons learned / David Jensen and Amanda Kron -- Conclusion / Evgenia Nizkorodov and Richard Matthew.
- "The Routledge Handbook on Environmental Security provides a comprehensive, accessible and sophisticated overview of the field of environmental security. The volume outlines the defining theories, major policy and programming interventions, and applied research surrounding the relationship between the natural environment, and human and national security. Through the use of large-scale research and ground-level case analyses from across the globe, it details how environmental factors affect human security and contribute to the onset and continuation of violent conflict. It also examines the effects of violent conflict on the social and natural environment, and the importance of environmental factors in conflict resolution and peacebuilding. Organized around the conflict cycle, the handbook is split into four thematic sections: Section I: Environmental factors contributing to conflict; Section II: The environment during conflict; Section III: The role of the environment in post-conflict peacebuilding; Section IV: Cross-Cutting themes and critical perspectives This handbook will be essential reading for students of environmental studies, human security, global governance, development studies, and international relations in general"--
- 9781315107592 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 36175216