Bilder schreiben Virtuose Ekphrasis in Philostrats Eikones
- Baumann, Mario
- Berlin/Boston De Gruyter 2011
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (218 p.)
- library.oapen.org , Open Access: OAPEN Library, download the publication
- library.oapen.org , Open Access: OAPEN Library: description of the publication
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- The work Eikones (Imagines/Images) by Philostratus consists of 64 fictitious descriptions of images. Mario Baumann analyzes the aesthetic virtuosity which characterizes this text. The speaker who formulates the descriptions proves himself a master in interpreting the images. He creates a unique textual composition of images which continually surprises and challenges the reader due to its diversity. The text of Eikones takes up the tradition of literature and at the same time changes it through the creation of new combinations, always revealing the virtuosity of the author.
- Other Subject(s):
- OAPEN Library.
- Creative Commons https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
View MARC record | catkey: 36187863