Lucan und der Prinzipat : Inkonsistenz und unzuverlässiges Erzählen im Bellum Civile
- Kimmerle, Nadja
- Berlin/Boston De Gruyter 2015
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (344 p.)
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Lucan`s Bellum Civile (Pharsalia) is traditionally read as a political critique of the Principate. However, several features of this text run counter to this interpretation. This study reexamines Lucan`s work using the model of the unreliable narrator to illuminate its portrayal of contradictory structures in Nero`s Principate. The interdisciplinary approach offers a new perspective on Lucan`s epic poem and its historical importance.
- OAPEN Library.
- Creative Commons https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
View MARC record | catkey: 36188103