Flight vehicle system identification : a time-domain methodology / Ravindra V. Jategaonkar
- Jategaonkar, Ravindra V.
- Reston, VA : American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Inc., 
- Copyright Date:
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 627 pages) : illustrations
- Introduction -- Data gathering -- Model postulates and simulation -- Output-error method -- Filter-error method -- Equation-error methods -- Recursive parameter estimation -- Artificial neural networks -- Unstable aircraft identification -- Data compatibility check -- Model validation -- Selected advanced examples.
- This book offers a systematic approach to flight vehicle system identification and covers the time-domain methodology. It addresses theoretical and practical aspects of parameter estimation methods, including those in the stochastic framework focusing on nonlinear models, cost function, optimization methods, and residual analysis. A pragmatic and balanced account of pros and cons in each case is provided. It presents data gathering and model validation, covering large-scale and high-fidelity modeling. Real-world problems dealing with a variety of flight vehicle applications are addressed, and solutions are provided. Examples include: estimation of aerodynamic stability and control derivatives from flight data; flight-path reconstruction; nonlinearities in control surface effectiveness; stall hysteresis; unstable aircraft; flexible aircraft model integrating rigid-body and structural dynamics; wake vortex encounters; and other critical considerations. --
- 9781523100804 (electronic bk.)
152310080X (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 36195029