Artificial intelligence in the 21st century : a living introduction / Stephen Lucci, the City College of New York, CUNY, Danny Kopec, Brooklyn College, CUNY
- Lucci, Stephen
- Additional Titles:
- Artificial intelligence in the twenty-first century
- Dulles, Virginia : Mercury Learning and Information, 
- Copyright Date:
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxxii, 610 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Kopec, Danny
- Introduction. Overview of artificial intelligence -- Fundamentals. Uninformed search -- Informed search -- Search using games -- Logic in artificial intelligence -- Knowledge representation -- Production systems -- Knowledge-based systems. Uncertainty in AI -- Expert systems -- Machine learning : part I inductive learning with decision tress -- Machine learning : part II neural networks -- Search inspired by Mother nature -- Advanced topics. Natural language understanding -- Automated planning -- The present and future. Robotics -- Advanced computer games -- Reprise.
- This new edition provides a comprehensive, colorful, up to date, and accessible presentation of AI without sacrificing theoretical foundations. It includes numerous examples, applications, full color images, and human interest boxes to enhance student interest. New chapters on robotics and machine learning are included. Advanced topics cover neural nets, genetic algorithms, natural language processing, planning, and complex board games. --
- 9781523101320 (electronic bk.)
1523101326 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 36195071