Al-Rāzī, on the treatment of small children (De curis puerorum) [electronic resource] : the Latin and Hebrew translations / edited and translated by Gerrit Bos, Michael McVaugh
- Rāzī, Abū Bakr Muḥammad ibn Zakarīyā, 865?-925?
- Additional Titles:
- On the treatment of small children (De curis puerorum) and De curis puerorum
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Physical Description:
- 230 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Bos, Gerrit, 1948- and McVaugh, M. R. (Michael Rogers), 1938-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "The short Latin treatise De curis puerorum is the translation of a lost Arabic original attributed (perhaps mistakenly) to the famous al-Rāzī (Rhazes); one of the rare texts on pediatrics circulating in the Middle Ages, it was so popular that it was soon re-translated into Hebrew, not once but three times! Gerrit Bos and Michael McVaugh have edited the Latin and Hebrew texts, accompanying them with an English translation and a full commentary situating the original Arabic against the medical writings available to tenth-century Islam. The contents of the work range remarkably widely, covering skin diseases, eye and ear infections, teething, vomiting and diarrhea, constipation, worms, and bladder stones, among other things, outlining their causes, symptoms, and possible treatments"--Provided by publisher.
- 9789004292284 (hardback : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 36199402