Neck dissection [electronic resource] / [edited by] Brendan C. Stack, Jr., MD, CACS, FACE, Professor, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, Mauricio A. Moreno, MD, Associate Professor, Director Head & Neck Division, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Little Rock, Arkansas
- New York : Thieme, 
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 301 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Stack, Brendan C., Jr., 1963- and Moreno, Mauricio A.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Clinical assessment of neck lymphadenopathies / Kürsat Gökcan, Emre A. Vural -- History/classification of nodal levels and neck dissections / Angela M. Osmolak, Jesus E. Medina -- Surgical anatomy of the neck / Jumin Sunde, Mauricio Moreno -- Biological mechanisms of lymphatic spread / Joseph Zenga, Patrik Pipkorn, Brian Nussenbaum -- Extracapsular spread : biology, imaging, surgical management, pathological diagnosis, and therapeutic implications / Kathryn M. Vorwald, J. Trad Wadsworth -- Radical neck dissection / Rachel Giese And Richard Wong -- Modified radical neck dissection / Mauricio A. Moreno -- Selective neck dissection / Marcelo F. Figari -- Supraomohyoid neck dissection / Kristen Pytynia -- Salvage neck dissection : indications, workup, and technical considerations / Mingyann Lim, Mark Zafereo -- Complications of neck dissection / David J. Hernandez, Chad E. Galer -- Rehabilitation after neck dissection / Peter S. Vosler, Douglas B. Chepeha -- Cross-sectional imaging / Ryan T. Fitzgerald -- Structures of the neck amenable to ultrasound evaluation / Donald Bodenner, Jamie Ferguson -- Integrated FDG-PET/CT for head and neck malignancies / Twyla B. Bartel, Tracy L. Yarbrough -- Neck management in non-melanoma skin cancer / William Harris, Mauricio Moreno, Brian Moore -- Melanoma / Shivangi Lohia, Eric J. Lentsch -- Neck dissection for salivary gland malignancies / Vincent Vander Poorten -- Neck dissection for thyroid carcinoma / Michael Kubala -- Elective neck dissection for upper aerodigestive tract cancers / Anil K. D. Cruz, Harsh Dhar , Manish Mair -- Sentinel node dissection / Francisco Civantos, Samuel Trosman -- Robotic neck dissection : the retro auricular approach / Estelle Eun Hae Chang, Yoon Woo Koh, Kang Dae Lee -- Radioguided neck dissection / Quinn A. Dunlap, Brendan C. Stack, Jr. -- Intraoperative neural monitoring in neck dissection / Bradley R. Lawson, Dipti Kamani, Gregory W. Randolph -- Management of the neck with radiation therapy / Catherine E. Mercado, William M. Mendenhall -- Systemic therapies in the management of head and neck cancer / Andrew J. Johnsrud, Konstantinos Arnaoutakis -- Histopathologic evaluation of neck dissections / Chien Chen -- Quality outcome measures in neck dissection / Vasu Divi, Misha Amoils.
- "Neck dissection is a surgical procedure to remove cancerous lymph nodes, on patients diagnosed with cancer of the mouth, tongue, thyroid gland, or other areas of the throat or neck. There are three main types of neck dissection: Radical - all tissue on the side of the neck from the jawbone to the collarbone is removed. The muscle, nerve, salivary gland, and major blood vessel in this area are removed. Modified - all lymph nodes are removed. More neck tissue is spared. Selective - fewer lymph nodes have to be removed. The muscle, nerve, and blood vessel in the neck may also be saved. Neck Dissection will be an authoritative text edited by two distinguished surgeons, covering fundamentals of the various dissection types and which approach to use depending on patient clinical findings. The print text will be supplemented with surgical videos"--
- 9781626238343 (print)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographic references.
View MARC record | catkey: 36204830