New perspectives on Hispanic contact [electronic resource] : linguistics in the Americas / Sandro Sessarego, Melvin González-Rivera (eds.).
- Madrid : Iberoamericana ; Frankfurt am Main : Vervuert, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 461 p. : map, charts ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- González-Rivera, Melvin and Sessarego, Sandro
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Sandro Sessarego and Melvin González-Rivera -- Maya-Spanish contact in Yucatan, Mexico: context and sociolinguistic implications / Jim Michnowicz -- Rapanui features in the morphosyntactic system of Easter Island Spanish / Verónica González López -- The formal Guaraní and Spanish of Paraguayan bilinguals / Shaw Nicholas Gynan, Ernesto Luis López Almada, Carlos Marino Lugo Bracho and María Eva Mansfield de Agüero -- Continuity and innovation in Peruvian Spanish: pragmatics and contact in (differential) object marking / Elisabeth Mayer and Manuel Delicado Cantero -- Borrowed clause combining patterns in two Arawakan languages: Baure and Paunaka / Switha Danielsen and Lena Terhart -- Codeswitching and borrowing in Aruban Papiamentu: the blurring of categories / Yolanda Rivera and Patrick-André Mather -- Nominal ellipses in an Afro-Hispanic language of Ecuador: the Choteño case / Sandro Sessarego and Javier Gutiérrez-Rexach --Cimarroneras in Venezuela: the role of isolated communities in the potential development of a Spanish Creole / Avizia Yim Long and Manuel Díaz-Campos -- The individual as the Locus of Variation and Change in a contact situation in Panama / Delano S. Lamy -- Romance language contact in Mexico: the case of Veneto-Spanish bilingualism / Hilary Barnes -- Portuguese/Portuñol in Misiones, Argentina: another "Fronterizo"? / John M. Lipsky -- Preposition stranding in a non-preposition stranding language: contact or language change? / Melvin González-Rivera, Ramón Padilla-Reyes, and John Rueda-Chaves -- Definite and indefinite articles in Nikkei Spanish / Ana María Díaz Collazos -- Doing being Boricua on the island and in the U.S. Midwest: perceptions of national identity and lateralization of /c/ in Puerto Rican Spanish / Wilfredo Valentín-Márquez -- Castilian in New York City: what can we learn from the future? / Rafael Orozco -- Language attitudes and linguistic identities in Miami / Diego Pascual y Cabo -- Heritage speakers' Spanish in California: how unbalanced bilingualism affects reverse construction of the gustar-type / Viola Miglio and Stefan Th. Gries -- Spanish and English in contact in the Cyber World / Antonio Medina-Rivera.
- "...characterizes the nature of the contact situation: Spanish in contact with indigenous languages; Spanish in contact with coerced-migration languages; Spanish in contact with free-migration languages; and Spanish in contact with languages outside of Latin America but still within the Americas"-- Page  of cover.
- 9788484898771 (Iberoamericana)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 36204895