Museum branding : how to create and maintain image, loyalty, and support / Margot A. Wallace
- Wallace, Margot A., 1941-
- Lanham, MD : AltaMira Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 193 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Introduction to branding : the process that turns spectators into loyalists -- Brand new museum -- Exhibitions as branding tools : content as message -- Museum boards : carrying the banner -- The education department : teaching the museum -- Volunteers : your face to the public -- Membership : converting visitors to loyalists -- Fund-raising : raised on loyalty -- Corporate partnerships : shoulder to shoulder with business -- Marketing and graphics : the watchdog department -- Museum store : extension of education -- Branding museum web sites : new media, old truths -- The golden shopping cart : how museums' online stores add luster to their brand -- Publications -- Audio tours : branding by script -- The lobby : first impression and last impression -- Loyalty eating : how museums reinforce their brand image at the dining table -- Your building : how museums build their brands brick by brick -- University museums : children of strong parents -- Future members : identifying with college students.
- 0759109923 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780759109926 (cloth : alk. paper), 0759109931 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 9780759109933 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 181-186) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3621079